Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe
These tasty flat or rolled treats, usually made with corn tortillas, are easy to make and always hit the spot!
At a glance
Green Chile Recipes:
- 1/2 LBS MEAT (CHICKEN, PORK OR BEEF) CHOPPED, SHREDDED OR GROUND
- 1 16 OZ JAR EL PINTO GREEN CHILE SAUCE
- 1 DOZEN 6 INCH CORN TORTILLAS
- 2 CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1/2 CUP SOUR CREAM (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly fry corn tortillas in hot oil (steam for low-fat option)
- Put tortillas on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Place tortilla on dinner plate, add preheated green chile, cooked meat and cheddar cheese (lightly sprinkled). Add another tortilla and build two more layers.
- Top with green chile, sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Place in preheated oven broiler until cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- Garnish with sour cream and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.