Think of Green Chile Chicken stew as the ultimate Southwestern comfort food. Make a batch and see if it doesn't bring a twinkle to your eyes and put a spring in your step.
- 1 POUND CHICKEN TENDER OR CHICKEN BREAST MEAT CUT INTO 1/4 PIECES
- 1 QUART CHICKEN BROTH
- 3 CUPS MEDIUM SIZE RED POTATOES CUT INTO 1/2 CUBES
- 1 16 OZ JAR EL PINTO GREEN CHILE SAUCE
- 1 TBSP VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 1/2 CUP WHOLE KERNAL CORN
- 1/4 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 TBSP GRANULATED GARLIC
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP PEPPER
Pre-cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, then cool. Heat oil in 1 gallon pot or larger. Add chicken and stir until completely cooked. Add flour and stir well. Add chicken broth and stir well. Bring to a boil. Add garlic, corn, green chile sauce and potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes 8 servings.