This dish has surprised the hunters in a New Mexico Elk Camp and was quickly devoured. My brother who is very picky about fish actually went back for thirds. Surprise your non fish eating friends like my mother, but make sure the fish is fresh or fresh frozen. Ours is caught vacuum packed and frozen within hours of being caught.
- Fresh Sea Bass fillets (or any white fish)
- Hot El Pinto Salsa was what we used and regular jack cheese because that's what we had. It all depends on how tender your lips are.
- Sliced Pepper Jack cheese
- Cut fresh Sea Bass fillets (or any white fish) into medallions about 1/2 the size of a dollar bill.
- Place fish in a Pam sprayed baking dish and insert into oven. Temperature any where between 275 and 325 degrees is fine.
- Cook a few minutes until fillets start to weep.
- Cover with El Pinto Hot or Medium Salsa and continue baking until the fish is done to your liking. Usually it takes no more than 15 minutes.
- In the last few minutes of cooking cover fillets and salsa with thin slices of Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Enjoy fish as you never have before.